Inspiring Minds. Building Character. Living Faith.
Since 1954, Saint Joseph Catholic School has been inspiring minds, building character, and strengthening faith. We commit to the development of the whole child through challenging academics, virtue-building service, and opportunities for daily worship. Saint Joseph students are lifelong learners who are Catholic Christian leaders.
Early Childhood Development
- Exceptional 4K program that combines traditional educational values, while implementing best practices in early childhood education.
- Daily instruction balances learning and play, while maintaining a faith-based curriculum.
- A majority of student learning is done in small groups and learning centers while focusing on growth in social, emotional, cognitive, gross, and fine motor skills.
- Saint Joseph School’s average MAP scores are above the Diocesan, National Catholic Schools, and National All Schools (private and public) averages—levels that place our school in the top academic echelon of schools.
- 94.7% of our 6th graders met or exceeded achievement expectations in Math as compared to 35.7% of 6th-grade students in SC public schools.
- 84.4% of our 3rd-grade students met or exceeded achievement expectations in Reading as compared to 48% of 3rd-grade students in SC public schools.
- Countless hours of community service performed throughout the year, including quarterly school-wide service projects.
- Dedication to the arts – students are offered the opportunity to study visual arts, music, and drama.
- Students of all faiths are welcomed and nurtured with daily prayer, weekly Mass, and ecumenical prayer services.
Saint Joseph Difference
Learn more about:
– Dr. Laura Ledlie
– Jennifer and David Soto
We enjoy the family environment and our children thrive at Saint Joseph. The teachers and staff are very compassionate, friendly, warm, and very knowledgeable. Our children have learned so much and we are honored that the school has such high test scores and such qualified staff.
- John Monk
St. Joe’s has been great for our Leah – good discipline, good academics, responsive teachers, safe environment, good students, emphasis on spiritual and moral values — we like the school and its people very much.